owner reverie A sal misseri salon & Kaizen education
Sal Misseri’s passion for hair began at a young age.
Sal Misseri’s passion for hair began at a young age. His focus on precise technique manifested itself right away as he experimented on friends’ heads with everyday materials to discover how stylists created signature looks. Though he explored other paths early on, that ongoing hunger, curiosity, and inventiveness always brought Misseri back to hair. Eventually, one thing became clear: hair was what Misseri was meant to do.
Over the course of his career, Misseri has become known for his thoughtful, honest approach. His service is based in his understanding that it is better to talk less and listen more—his observant nature and uncompromising standards lead him to always do what is best for his clients. His thirst for knowledge and devotion to quality inform Misseri’s approach to all his work, from hair to photography to art direction to teaching and mentoring the next generation of great stylists.
Originally from Cleveland, Misseri attended Brown Aveda Institutes, earning top honors and shattering the school’s record for retail sales. Yet even after he graduated, Misseri’s pursuit of excellence didn’t end. He enrolled at Vidal Sassoon to learn different approaches and hone his skills, while at the same time apprenticing under Holly Brown and Stephen Moody—two stylists whose tough mentorship, disciplined mentalities, thoughtful styling, and client-centered service would elevate Misseri’s technique and inform his approach.
When Misseri began styling for Ladies & Gentlemen, an Aveda salon in Cleveland, he quickly rose to the top of the roster. One year later the owners approached him about opening a new salon in Chicago. Beginning as a stylist, Misseri soon became Artistic Director of Ladies & Gentlemen Salon Chicago, and shortly thereafter he was named Creative Director of all Ladies & Gentlemen Salons and the Brown Aveda Institute.
At Ladies & Gentlemen Chicago, he created a singular and distinctive salon experience for his clients: a tranquil, spa-like, luxurious getaway where every desire was anticipated, every need was attended to, and every expectation was exceeded. His exacting standards attracted a loyal client following and a strong, dedicated team.
In 2017, after seven years leading Ladies & Gentlemen Salons, Misseri founded his first salon, Reverie, in Chicago’s downtown Loop neighborhood. Featuring the same thoughtful touches and impeccable client service that Misseri has become known for, and supported by the team Misseri built over the past half decade, Reverie offers an elegant salon experience to discerning Chicagoans unwilling to settle for the typical.
Misseri has led hair design for Chicago Fashion Week 2014 and Latino Fashion Week Chicago 2013, and has styled backstage at New York Fashion Week with the likes of Christian Siriano, Porsche Designs, Kimberly Ovitz, Behnaz Sarafpour, and Ann Yee. He was named one of the top 30 colorists under 30 in the U.S. in 2014, and has won numerous awards, such as Estetica's Choice Men’s Hairstylist of the Year (2013) and NAHA Newcomer of the Year (2012). He was recently named the Big Shot Creative Colorist of the Year for North America at the Behind the Chair One Shot Awards and is a twelve-time NAHA finalist in four categories since 2012, including being a three-time finalist for Hairdresser of the Year as well as a four-time international stylist of the year for the Canadian Mirror Awards. Big Shot colorist of the year for BTC One Shot awards as well as a finalist in multiple other categories. Most recently Misseri was nominated for Haircutting collection of the Year and youngest stylist to be nominated for Master stylist of the year.
awards & honors
- Nominated for International Visionary award in London 2016
- Nominated International stylists of the year for Irish Hairdressing Awards
- Nominated NAHA Hairstylist of The Year
- Nominated for International Stylist of The Year Canadian Mirror Awards
- Nominated for International Stylist of the year for the Canadian Mirror Awards
- Nominated best Mens Stylist for the AIPP awards London
- Nominated for Hairstylist of the Year for North American Hair Styling Awards
- Nominated for Team of the Year for for North American Hair Styling Awards
- Nominated for Best Haircut for Behind The Chair Big Shot Awards
- Nominated for Best Mens Stylist for Behind The Chair Big Shot Awards
- Winner for Creative Colorist of North America for Behind The Chair Big Shot Awards
- NAHA Contempoary Classic Finalist
- Association Internationale Presse Professionelle (AIPP) Coiffure: Finalist for Best Men's collection and only American nominated
- Styled with Christian Siriano, Porsche Designs, Kimberly Ovitz, Behnaz Sarafpour, Ann Yee for New York Fashion Week
- Named one of the top 30 colorists under 30 in the U.S.
- Led Hair for Chicago Style Fashion Week 2014
- NAHA Mens Hairstylist of The Year Finalist
- NAHA Hairstylist of The Year Finalist
- NAHA People Choice Finalist
- Aveda Get Elected to Congress Guest Artist
- Esteticas Choice: Men’s Hairstylist of the Year
- International Stylist of the Finalist
- Lead Hair for Latino Fashion Week Chicago 2013-2014
- NAHA Contemporary Classic Finalist
- Sassoon Academy Shoot Out Winner
- NAHA Newcomer Stylist of the Year
- AVEDA Congress: Best Haircut